Our upcoming 2023 State of the Developer Nation Report, shows that 26.1% of South African software engineers work with React on a regular basis. This makes it the third most-used framework in South Africa after Node.js and ASP.NET. Here, we’ll look at average salaries for React developers by experience and how they compare to those for Angular and Vue.js developers.
Average junior React developer salary
Developers starting out in React will be pleased to learn that salaries have increased handsomely for those with two years or less experience, with a monthly average of R23 857 – up 22.5%, or R4 387, from 2022.
Early in their careers, developers tend to change jobs more frequently, which enables them to negotiate higher salaries at new jobs rather than relying on more modest annual increases at the same company. This explains the big increase in salary for this range.
Average React Developer Salaries by Experience
|Years of Experience||25th Percentile||Average||75th Percentile|
Average senior React developer salary
At a senior level, React developers are expected to understand how to optimise applications, handle state management in large applications, work with complex data structures, and handle testing and client-side routing, among other responsibilities. They’re also expected to lead and develop more junior employees, making them valuable and thus generously compensated.
Average React Developer Salaries in 2022 vs 2023
|Years of Experience||2022||2023|
Keep in mind
The data in this article is taken from OfferZen’s upcoming 2023 State of the Software Developer Nation Report. In this article, ‘salary’ refers to the gross monthly salary (before tax) provided by more than 4500 survey respondents.
Average salaries are single data points and only one part of a bigger story. It’s expected that many respondents may earn significantly more or less than these averages. However, we hope to provide a picture of underlying trends by mapping the average salaries for different experience levels.
These averages should not be used to estimate what your actual salary will or should be.
Salaries depend on the industry, individual, perks and nature of work. These factors all influence the salary a company will offer to a prospective hire. In addition, most developers are “fluent” in several languages, which will affect the final figures.
It’s also important to remember that every individual’s context is different. Ultimately, salary is a personal conversation that should take place between employee and employer.
On OfferZen you can hire React developers and find React developer jobs.
- State of South Africa’s Software Developer Nation
- How to Negotiate a Job Offer That’s More Than Just the Money
- How to Negotiate when Hiring Developers
- Developer Salaries 2022: Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Backend Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Java Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Front End Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Full Stack Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Node.js Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Azure Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- TypeScript Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Go Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Ruby Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Kotlin Developer Salary Trends in South Africa