Average junior Node.js developer salary trends
Node.js is the most used developer framework in South Africa, so developers skilled in its use are in high demand. This means they have ample opportunities to switch jobs early in their careers, which also bring with them fresh salary negotiations that typically yield higher increases.
Average Node.js Developer Salaries by Experience
Average Salary by Years Experience, showing 25th and 75th percentiles
|Years of Experience||25th Percentile||Average||75th Percentile|
Average senior Node.js developer salary trends
Salaries for experienced South African Node.js developers continue to rise generously. This reflects the increasing responsibilities that they take on later in their careers – including testing, mentoring less experienced developers and managing teams – along with the popularity of the framework.
Average Node.js Developer Salaries in 2022 vs 2023
|Years of Experience||2022||2023|
Keep in mind
The data in this article is taken from OfferZen’s upcoming 2023 State of the Software Developer Nation Report. In this article, ‘salary’ refers to the gross monthly salary (before tax) provided by more than 4 500 survey respondents.
Average salaries are single data points and only one part of a bigger story. It’s expected that many respondents may earn significantly more or less than these averages. However, we hope to provide a picture of underlying trends by mapping the average salaries for different experience levels.
These averages should not be used to estimate what your actual salary will or should be.
Salaries depend on the industry, individual, perks and nature of work. These factors all influence the salary a company will offer to a prospective hire. In addition, most developers are “fluent” in several languages, which will affect the final figures.
- State of South Africa’s Software Developer Nation
- How to Negotiate a Job Offer That’s More Than Just the Money
- How to Negotiate when Hiring Developers
- Developer Salaries 2022: Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Backend Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Java Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Front End Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Full Stack Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- React Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Azure Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- TypeScript Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Go Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Ruby Developer Salary Trends in South Africa
- Kotlin Developer Salary Trends in South Africa