About this article:
This article is aimed at hiring managers looking to scale their teams with full stack developers. In this article, we’ll cover:
- What full stack developers earn in South Africa
- Industries with the most full stack developers
- Common benefits full stack developers in these industries get
- Factors full stack developers are considering when evaluating an offer
When scaling your team, finding the right full stack developer can be a challenge. A poor hiring decision can lead to setbacks, low-quality code, and wasted time. Here we unpack everything they want from their next job.
What skills does a full stack developer need?
- Experience working with TypeScript.
- The following frameworks: React, Angular, Spring Boot, ASP.net, Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, Node.js, Nuxt.js, Next.js, Nest.js and Express.js.
- Object-oriented programming languages: Java, .Net and C#, Python, PHP and Ruby.
- Database technologies such as SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Web development tools such as Git, Webpack, and Babel.
- Web architecture and protocols such as HTTP, REST, and SOAP.
- Cloud-based services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Agile development methodologies and working in Agile teams.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
Full stack developers on OfferZen typically have at least 4 years of experience, and 44.5% of them are at the senior level.