When scaling your team, finding the right front end developer can be a challenge. A poor hiring decision can lead to setbacks, low-quality code, and wasted time. Here we unpack everything they want from their next job.
What skills does a front end developer need?
11.3% of South African developers identify as front end developers, making it the third most common role after full stack and backend developers. Here are the core skills to look out for when you’re hiring front end developers:
- Other frameworks they might have experience with include Node.js, Nuxt.js, Next.js, Nest.js and Express.js.
- Responsive design techniques and cross-browser compatibility, to ensure that the website functions well on multiple devices and web browsers.
- Web accessibility best practices and guidelines.
- Web performance optimisation techniques, such as minifying code and lazy loading images.
- Version control systems such as Git and using it in a team environment.
Front end developers on OfferZen typically have at least 2-4 years of experience, and 33.5% of them are at the senior level.