What we do:
Zando was founded by Rocket Internet AG in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando forms part of the Jumia Group, Africa’s leading digital player with a presence in 14 countries spanning across 6 Africa regions. Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers. Our passion for customer experience, knowledge in eCommerce as well as our drive to innovate are the basis for our success that we share with investors such as MTN, Milicom, Goldman Sachs and Orange
Why Work For Us:
- Part of a bigger group allowing us to benefit from international best coding (and business) practices
- Driven and agile collaborative team environment.
- Major focus on innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Flat structure where change can really happen.
- Inclusive culture where Devs are involved in projects from the beginning.
- Focus on growing coding skills and business acumen.
- Anyone can make a big difference in our organization.
- We are a knowledge sharing and ideas generation environment, allowing all Devs to learn and grow
- No deployments past 3:30pm week days and none on Fridays!!!
Our Engineering Processes:
- Agile environment, 1 week sprints.
- Automated deployments.
- In-depth code-reviews for defect-free deployments.
- High visibility of systems throughout the team.
- Continuously looking for new techniques.
Our Hiring Process:
- First point of contact is a telephonic chat with someone from our HR team
- Second step is face to face interview at our HQ
- Third step is assessments and possibly a meet and greet with our MD