What we do:
Founded by Rocket Internet in 2012, Zando has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando’s holding company the Jumia Group is Africa’s leading digital player with more than 10 different market leading verticals in more than 20 countries. Our passion for customer experience, knowledge in eCommerce as well as our drive to innovate are the basis for our success that we share with investors such as MTN, Milicom, Goldman Sachs and Orange. We are results-oriented and we like working with like-minded and fun people. With a brewery upstairs, a gym next door, ice-cream shop and a coffee bar downstairs, Zando is aimed at feeling like a second home for our employees.
Why Work For Us:
- Part of a bigger group allowing us to benefit from international best coding (and business) practices
- Driven and agile collaborative team environment.
- Major focus on innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Flat structure where change can really happen.
- Inclusive culture where Devs are involved in projects from the beginning.
- Focus on growing coding skills and business acumen.
- Anyone can make a big difference in our organization.
- We are a knowledge sharing and ideas generation environment, allowing all Devs to learn and grow
Our Engineering Processes:
- Agile environment, 2 week sprints.
- In-depth code-reviews for defect-free deployments.
- High visibility of systems throughout the team.
- Continuously looking for new techniques.
Our Hiring Process:
- First round face to face interview with a tech person and someone from HR
- Second round technical assessment
- Third round meet and greet with MD and office tour