WhereIsMyTransport empowers cities and governments in Africa by providing accurate journey information to public transport passengers. We use modern tech to capture movement data for transport networks. Our clever algorithms offer multi-modal routing and real-time journey information.
Since 2015, we have collected more data from public transport networks in African cities than any other organisation, and centralised it in an integrated mobility platform that is changing public transport on the continent.
- 85,373 km of routes mapped
- 11 Countries | 22 Cities | 53 Agencies
- A team of 30+ people in Cape Town and London
In 2018, we'll be deploying our infrastructure and services to 5-7 more African cities - impacting the lives of tens of millions of people. And we will continue to lead a movement to drive data innovation and digital transformation in emerging markets, accelerating economic growth across the African continent.
.NET Core, C#, React and Native Android.
- You care about making a difference.
- You are an optimist - someone who brings positive energy.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability. We work in small teams of around 4 devs & a PM.
- You are adaptable, resilient and resourceful; and you love working towards a target.
- You're a communicator - you know how to listen, and how to get the best from the people around you in order to get things done.
Our Hiring Process
We have a simple 4-step hiring process:
- Google Hangouts interview with our Engineering Manager to find out if we're a match.
- A coding assignment - at home in your own time.
- Technical face to face interview with 2 of our Software Engineers.
- We make an offer.