Who Are We?
When it comes to the Internet, Webafrica is a one-stop web shop. As one of South Africa’s leading Internet Service Providers, we provide world-class Internet (Fasterfast Fibre, ADSL and VDSL, business and home, prepaid and post) to easy hosting and water-tight security, everything we do is characterised by excellent service and Mzansi-friendly prices.
The Webafrica Culture
Our culture is one that fosters development and requires hard work. Our employees face new and exciting challenges each day, all the while we ensure that the working environment remains enjoyable and fun. You will find fulfilment in an environment where we work, learn and continuously grow together.
Why Work For Us?
Becoming a Webafrican is not just about getting a job, it is the start of building your career within your field. Joining our ranks would mean that you would be entering into a fast-paced environment where growth and development are not only encouraged, but it is what we strive for.
Above all, Webafrica has grown substantially in the last year and continues to grow even faster. This means great opportunities for Webafricans that are involved and willing to work and grow with the company. This is a company for the optimistic character that can identify a good opportunity when they see one.
● A telephonic interview will kick off the process
● You will be asked to complete an online assessment (in your own time)
● A technical interview will be held with the department manager and DevOps team lead, to which you will be invited
● A Q&A session with the Dev team to allow all parties to get to know each other
● Should you have successfully completed the above steps, we will then make you an offer
We want you. You are allowed to ask questions, though! If we have not already contacted you, send us your details.
Our OMG benefits
● Free Internet access at your home (Fasterfast Fibre if you can get it, otherwise good old ADSL)
● Daily breakfast and coffee in our canteen
● A cash allowance for lunch every day
● We pay 100% of your medical aid: Discovery Coastal Saver Plan plus Vitality
● Up to 7.5% co-contribution to your retirement annuity fund (only after you get past your probationary period)
● A referral programme which could put R5000 back in your pocket (if your referred candidate passes their 3-month probation)
We try and increase salaries in line with inflation on the 1st day of March every year. This depends entirely upon the company’s performance as well as your performance, so do not expect it but we are very aware that we need to keep you happy.
There’s an icing on our cake. We have a bonus scheme, again entirely dependent on your and our performance, which could put up to an extra 15% of your basic salary in your pocket. And it’s not a wishy-washy promise. For the last 4 years, we have paid bonuses because we have achieved more than we expected.
Our daily working hours fall between 08h00 and 17h00 with 1 hour for lunch, but we’re flexible, and you might need to be, so agree to something which suits you and your manager.