What we do
Our product provides coaches, mentors and gurus the ability to share their thoughts and interact with others in a live video environment. At the same time the session is broadcast in live video streaming allowing users to watch the interactions for their own learning and entertainment.
Why Work For Us
The team is still quite small but we consist of 11 people (including 8 engineers). The founding team has raised or exited a combined total of over $100m in funding over our last 4 startups that span multiple industries - blockchain, social networking, e-commerce, Saas and consumer apps.
Our current stack uses a mix of WebRTC, Typescript, React on the frontend with an Elixir middleware handling our concurrent live system. Our backend is built on top of AWS and uses DynamoDb, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Lambda and Cloudformation.
We are an early-stage startup, founded in the US and have a fully, distributed remote team across India, South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, Germany, Poland and the US.
- Extraordinary learning experience
- We're funded by some of the most exciting VCs in Silicon Valley
- Our product is super cool and fun to work on and use
- We dogfood everything!
Company culture is very important to us, our culture values were one of the very first things we established
- We believe there is more than one correct perspective and in tolerating each other's beliefs, even when they don't match your own.
- We believe every team membered has empowered accountability - Not only being responsible for something but also being able to explain your actions and be understood
- Candid and transparent communication
- Excellence at velocity - we move try to move as fast as possible but not at the expense of quality
Waitroom’s values inform:
- the products we build,
- how we expect team members to act,
- who we hire and promote,
- every decision we take.
Our Engineering Processes
We are a remote team, so process is super important to keeping in sync and delivering great product:
- We use Gitflow on Github
- All PRs are reviewed before being merged
- We meet daily for a standup using Waitroom
- We use tools such as Discord, Slack and Notion for communication
- We have daily test sessions (water cooler conversations) that allow us to test the next version of the product and get to know each other better
- We have a dedicated testing company to help with catching hard to replicate bugs and user issues
Our Hiring Process
- Hiring manager 1:1
- Technical interview
- Technical task
- Culture interview with a co-founder