Vulcan Labs is a software consultancy that works with companies who need to supercharge their development teams.
Some bullet points about us
- Remote first with a Cape Town office for when we want to get together.
- Looking for people who genuinely care about delivering high value software.
- You’ll work on solving business problems for customers on teams made up of people from customers, Vulcan Labs and other consultancies.
- Consultants have a high level of autonomy, we trust our people to make the right decisions.
- Shy away from projects that are bums on seats
- Will end a contract if we feel we are no longer providing value.
- Consider ourselves experts in React and Typescript (have been building production systems with these tools for as long as they've been around)
- Still a small <20 people consultancy but want to grow to ~30 people over the next two years (slow and steady wins the race).
Some exciting things
- Learn React from a team who's been building production systems with it from almost day 1
- Looking to grow our Elixir competency over the next few years as we believe it's rock solid
- We have data people with over 30 years of experience, if you want to level up your SQL and BI skills
- Work on lots of high volume distributed systems
- Own the entire solution(truly full-stack), you'll rarely just be pigeon holed into a single competency.
- Work with clients who trust and respect you.
- Build developer tools for us and clients to use.
Some things about yourself
- 6+ years of experience (4 if you've been a consultant)
- Have some consulting experience (not a must but a big plus)
- Have strong opinions held weakly
- Prefer composition over inheritance
- Ideally have some experience working with Product focused teams
- Based in a EMEA timezone
- Have worked in a full-stack role
- Think a lot about data and modelling
- Care about writing performant legible code
- Care about solving business problems
- Get excited when talking about tech problems
- Are Pragmatic
- Want to learn Elixir, Typescript, Clojure, Ruby
- Aren't dogmatic
- Prefer working in teams