Vibescout (Things to do. Near you.) is an 18 month old start-up based in Cape Town. A combination of technical and creative skills with entrepreneurial drive in the founding members makes a dynamic culture where people with a positive attitude and the right aptitude will get the opportunity to develop and grow with the company as it gains traction.
We are disrupting online entertainment content (events, movies, guides)
- All content is location-based in an easy to use progressive web-app
- Over 6000 events happening around South Africa at any given time.
- The largest movie aggregator in South Africa, with over 690 screens
across the country
- We have over 100 detailed guides and videos for South African cities.
- Activities/Experiences & more soon to release.
One of our biggest competitive advantages is our technical ability to sustainably aggregate and curate content from various entertainment sources and repackage it into one user-friendly platform that ranks well for SEO (Low-cost and sustainable growth).
- October 2016 was our first official month out of beta -> 2909 unique users
- December 2017 (14 months later) -> 178 000 unique users (530 000 pageviews) with a marketing budget of less than R5000 monthly.
We are on track for at least 500 000 unique users by December 2018, making us one of the biggest online entertainment content provides in South Africa, never-mind the opportunities internationally with our tech that is built to scale.
At the moment, it is all self-funded by everyone involved, so we are hoping to find some strategic partners soon that will benefit from our growth and being affiliated with our brand.
The recent rapid growth and key strategic developments that still need to be done has opened up the opportunity for an experienced and driven individual with the right technical skills to join the team. We are looking for someone who like us, sees the massive potential for Vibescout and wants to come on-board long-term with equity in the company as well.
For more info, please see:
We have also attached a visual of our tech-stack and please see our latest pitch deck