What we do
UCOOK is a tech start-up and dinner-kit delivery service based out of Cape Town. Our network of top SA chefs create 9 new recipes for our customers to choose from each week, and we deliver the fresh, organic and ethical ingredients to their door. With nationwide delivery, we've been in business for just over 2 years now.
Why Work For Us
We're a driven, enthusiastic team looking to disrupt the norm wherever we can. We're currently experiencing a period of rapid growth, and we're working with cutting-edge development technologies, which means you'll have room to challenge yourself professionally, and you'll be surrounded by a supportive team looking to help you grow.
Our culture + team
- We're close-knit and encouraging
- We don't keep tabs on hours – we're self-motivated and work until the job is done
- We innovate as we grow
- We welcome teamwork and participation
- We've created a relaxed but professional working environment
- We're respectful of all people and cultures
- We believe in keeping our team happy so that work produced is of the highest quality.
Our Engineering Processes
We look to follow the SCRUM methodology using Jira as an ongoing project management tool to facilitate this.
Our Hiring Process
We're looking to find the most technically apt candidates who have the correct culture fit for our business. With that being said, our hiring process is as follows:
- A brief phone call introduction and interview to learn more about you and for you to learn more about us
- A short online assessment
- A final face to face interview
- Where do I sign?