What We Do
Tripco is a travel technology company based in Cape Town, South Africa. We build and own online travel platforms and brands, loved by thousands of customers every day.
The Tripco team is passionate about delivering the best travel experiences, enabled by technology and industry-leading customer service.
Tripco’s original travel brand, TravelGround.com, has facilitated accommodation bookings since 2009 and now lists over 25,000 places to stay across South Africa and Namibia.
In 2013, Tripco launched LekkeSlaap.co.za, the easiest way to find and book accommodation in both Afrikaans and English. Since then, LekkeSlaap has become a household name, growing into South Africa’s largest local accommodation booking website.
Tripco’s latest brand, LekkeVlieg.co.za, was launched in 2018. This cutting-edge flights booking platform makes booking flights in Afrikaans and English a seamless experience.
At Tripco, we believe in making travel a transformative experience, offering innovation at its finest.
You'll be part of our close-knit Product & Engineering team, working on new products and exciting roadmap projects. You'll be contributing to all aspects of the development cycle from discovery to deployment and there is also an opportunity to be involved in other types of projects like data analytics and machine learning, or innovate solutions that require new technologies, we're supportive and open to your ideas and interests!
You'll also be an active and valued member of our wider company of 90+ people. We are hard-working, curious and ambitious, and are set out to re-imagine the future of travel. We take great pride in providing the best experience to our customers.
We're based at the Waterfront, Cape Town in a modern, collaborative office space.
- We utilise Hashicorps' infrastructure ecosystem utilising Terraform, Consul, Nomad
- PHP, MariaDB & Nginx on a multi-server FreeBSD stack
- We make use of the latest front-end frameworks like Vue.js for newer projects
- Continuous integration build process with Docker, and GitHub Actions
- We also use Python, C++, and Rust
- Potential to be involved in Machine Learning projects
Why Work With Us
- Flexible hours and remote working hybrid model (2 days in office/week)
- Budget to choose your own work laptop
- Cool Waterfront office with chill room, table-tennis, Jura coffee and a private balcony
- Great perks such as free daily lunch when in office, free gym, free travel vouchers and discounts
- Lots of leave and digital nomad working available (work from anywhere, without taking leave)
- Dynamic, hard-working company culture. We take great pride in giving our customers the best service!
- Work alongside some of the brightest and the best Computer Science and Engineering graduates.
- Learn everything there is to know about cutting-edge e-Commerce, web-dev and mobile-dev.
- You will be encouraged to participate actively in business strategy and tactics.
- Full sponsorship of any local coding conferences/meetups/seminars you may wish to attend.
- Interact with 80+ non-engineers, such as writers, designers, marketers, etc
Our Hiring Process
- We adopt an informal process and varies candidate to candidate.
- Usually, the process involves a couple of informal video calls, a simple web development task and finally an office visit to meet the dev team and company directors.
- Full-Stack Engineer
- Systems Engineer