Telic is an information (cyber) security consultancy founded in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2006. We help organisations design, build and test complex systems that remain dependable in the face of real world threats (think bad actors going after data and systems).
We specialise in Cyber Security Architecture, Engineering and Analytics. We believe Security should be a quality of a system and not an afterthought or product. In order to withstand adversaries, systems need to be architected and engineered accordingly. We therefore help organisations (e.g. banks and telecommunication companies) build security into their technology stack, to make it an integral part of their solutions (e.g internet banking).
To provide you with insight into what we do at Telic here is a sample list of projects where we have assisted with improving security:
- customer-facing and internal (staff) identity and access management (IAM)
- access governance (applications and data),
- privileged access/account management (PAM),
- second-factor and context-based authentication mechanisms,
- biometrics (fingerprint, voice, facial, behavioural),
- SOA services and API (integration) security,
- event/audit logging platforms and threat analytics,
- application authorisations,
- electronic/digital signatures,
- mobile security,
- cloud security,
- network security,
- database security,
- data security (encryption, masking and low level control/monitoring).
- omni/digital-channel implementations,
- core banking replacements / refactoring,
- customer master data management systems,
- enterprise content management,
- payment systems,
- mobile applications,
- customer on-boarding and servicing,
- API Market Place / Open Banking,
- block-chain based applications
- data warehouse / lakes and BI analytics etc.
Note the tech stack provided gives you an indication of the technologies we encounter when we design security for clients. As we work across business solutions from the customer channels to the core systems, both on-prem and for cloud environments, we do get exposure to a large variety of technologies.