What we do
Rather than attempting to replicate the experience of shopping in a mall, Superbalist has created something better – a one-stop store that can be shopped anytime, anywhere, and deliver the world's most-wanted fashion from your phone to your home in hours.
Why Work For Us - Our Culture
A young team that thrives in a fast-paced environment, Superbalist is made up of people who are the best at what they do, and bring their unique talents to creating something never seen before in SA. We're accountable, we move fast, and we're ready to lead – on projects, in our teams, and in setting the standard for the online retail industry.
Our Engineering Processes
Along with the greater company, our process of development is focused on accountability, iteration, collaboration and decisiveness. Engineers are encouraged to take ownership of their areas, with regular opportunities for people to contribute and explore new skills and competencies. We believe in finding simple, robust solutions that balance pragmatism and perfection. Customer experience comes first, and we keep that in mind for everything we do.
Our Hiring Process
- Telephone Interview - 30 minute phone conversation with someone from engineering leadership.
- Small technical test - Online technical test relevant to the role and requirements.
- 1st round Face to Face - Interview conducted by an engineering leader, along with a senior engineer.
- 2nd Round Face to Face - Culture fit interview, most likely conducted with staff from other teams and/or a member of CxO.
Your First Month
- Your First Day - Meet your team. Wider tech-team meet, greet and tour. Get plugged in; get your gear, biometrics, parking, and lunch is on us.
- Your First Week - Setup your local environment. Discover the platform. Attend team specific training sessions. Code something amazing.
- After 1 month - On-boarding follow-up interview with CTO and Engineering Manager.
- After 1 month and 1 day - Launch your spaceship.