What is SQLI
We are a leader in digital and connected experiences and the biggest Hybris partner in Europe. We have 32 offices around the world with the Cape Town and London offices focusing on the English speaking market. At the Cape Town office we specialises in developing e-commerce integrations for our partners with the main focus being Hybris, Magento and Demandware.
Why Work For Us
E-commerce is a rapidly developing area in Africa and we are a rapidly growing company. The Cape Town office is still relatively small in comparison to the rest of the group, however being a smaller part of bigger machine allows us to offer the job security of a larger company while still being flexible enough to grow and adapt the process according to what works best for us. For you this means that you can come work here and help define a way of working with us that streamlines how everyone develop and operate.
Our Engineering Processes
The engineering process differs from client to client as we need to also cater for their needs, but the core processes remain the same. These are:
- Be as agile as we can be and always have daily scrums
- Builds must be automated. If you need to repeat a process then automate it as well.
- Code must be executed against automated code quality gates and then go through peer review.
- If it doesn't exist in JIRA then you don't need to work on it.
- There are no stupid questions. Ask a question and you will learn and grow from it.
- Have fun.
Our Hiring Process
The interview process is not set in stone but the usual process is a face to face interview with HR, the hiring manager and possibly the Technical Director. Based on the first interview we will send you a small technical project to complete and then provide feedback on the success of your application.