What We Do
SimplePay started with a desire to create, innovate and improve, which permeates everything we do. We’ve brought craftsmanship to payroll software and put the “care” back into “customer care”.
Our system takes the headache out of payroll for more than 30 000 companies across South Africa, Singapore, Ireland and Hong Kong – allowing them to produce accurate, compliant payroll and submissions with plenty of time left over to focus on what really matters: growing their own businesses.
Values & Our Culture
It’s our mission to make the world more human and manageable and we’re looking for bright and enthusiastic individuals to help us continue this fight against mediocrity. We're developer-owned and focused on building great software to provide an awesome customer experience. We’re also a fun and diverse group of people who enjoy solving problems, simplifying things and a bit of good banter.
You can read more about the team here and get some insight into our philosophy and the dev side of things on our tech blog.
A number of our team are remote and spread around the world but the majority of the business is based in Cape Town, usually (pre-COVID) in our beautiful Century City offices overlooking the canal and bird sanctuary.
At this point we’d also usually expound on the various benefits of our amazing office location, such as great views, walking meetings, a multitude of teas and coffees, free parking, PlayStation tournaments etc. However, we’re all currently working remotely until it’s very safe to return to the office but when we do all of the aforementioned awesomeness will be reinstated.
Until then some of the other benefits of joining our team include the peace of mind that we’re not going anywhere anytime soon, a collaborative and growth-oriented team, the scope to chart your own course within a supportive framework and being part of something constantly changing and innovating in order to make the lives of our clients simpler.
There is plenty to do and learn as part of our dev team so if you're someone who thrives on a challenging environment and you're looking for personal and professional growth while making the world just a little better each day, then let's get talking!
What will you be actually working on?
You will work on various tasks and projects, from bug fixes to major feature updates, all of which will be used by multiple clients on a daily basis. We're all about improvement and simplification so even the smallest change has the potential for big impact in our clients' lives.
Our Hiring Process
This is what you can expect when interviewing with us.
Our interview process has the following stages:
1. CV Screening
2. A short technical exercise (to complete in your own time - approx. 1 hour) and a one-way video.
3. Successful candidates will be invited to a follow-up discussion (15 minutes)
4. A technical design exercise (allocated 1 hour to complete) and follow-up discussion (1 hour)
5. A final round, non-technical interview (1 hour)
A bit more about the technical assessment:
- The first exercise: The first exercise is a coding exercise which should take approximately 1 hour to complete. This is then submitted, and tested, before meeting with the team.
- The second exercise: The second exercise, although it contains some coding, is an exercise used to assess your design and problem-solving ability.
During the process, you are likely to meet the following members of our team:
- Dave, SimplePay's Founder and Director
- Heinrich, our Development Manager
- Members of our Senior Development Team
- Members of our People Operations Team
How long does our interview process usually take, from first call to offer stage?
- We try to be as efficient as possible during recruitment, but this does depend largely on your availability when selecting interview times. We aim to have the full process take place within 2~4 weeks.
If you need any additional information on our interview process, please reach out to us directly.