What we do
Shrine Development helps American startups & corporate clients quickly deliver quality web and mobile products.
We work on a number of projects simultaneously. This offers a great opportunity to move between projects and learn new tech. Teams are usually small (1 to 4) developers + a PM. All our projects involve some degree of client interaction [but we choose are clients carefully and love working with them!].
We're proud of our team - you'll get along with everyone from the first conversation. People are friendly, intelligent and supportive.
This role is fully remote and will offer more flexibility than any standard office job. Our head office is based in Michigan but we try schedule most developer meetings in the afternoons (GMT+2).
You'll be a great fit for Shrine if you're self motivated, a great communicator and enjoy building products from scratch and seeing them through to completion :-)
- ReactJS and React Native
- Our back ends vary between clients (Node, Ruby, PHP or C#)
- We host our products on AWS and Heroku.
- You are an optimist - someone who brings positive energy.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability. We work in small teams of around 1 to 4 devs & a PM.
- You are adaptable, resilient and resourceful; and you love working towards a target.
- You're a communicator - you know how to listen, and how to get the best from the people around you in order to get things done.
Our Hiring Process
We have a 7-step hiring process:
- Fill out a simple online application and complete a 30 question (5 min) personality test (no prep required).
- A call to learn more about your experience, provide an overview of Shrine and answer any questions.
- A coding assignment - at home in your own time. Its a simple ReactJS UI and API which allows us to assess your coding style, architecture and implementation. We give candidates 4 days to complete it. It should not take long if you're comfortable with the stack.
- A code review of your project with one of our developers.
- A chat with our CEO, Doug.
- We make an offer.