What we do
With over 22 000 establishments and almost a million monthly visitors, SafariNow is Africa’s most established accommodation booking network. For the past 15 years, we’ve worked to craft the ultimate Internet travel service – one that leads the world, from here in Africa. And we’re only just getting started…
Why Work For Us
We offer a unique work environment, where you'll get to work with the latest web technologies in a high-traffic web site. We encourage individual contribution, and developers who care about getting it right and making an impact.
We have a strong DevOps culture with continuous integration, and deployment. We like agile and have worked hard to create our own agile methodology, structured around Kanban. If you consider yourself a full-stack web developer with an interest in responsive design, scalable code and standards based development, we'd like to meet you.
Customer orientated in all that we do
• In every interaction with a customer, we aim for first call resolution
• Every change and addition to our website is made with one eye on what’s best for our customer
• We want to be there when our customer needs us, even if outside normal business hours
Emphasis on our development and thirst for new technologies, processes and methods
• We all have Personal Development Plans in place and we want to drive the expansion of our skills
• We are excited about what online learning can offer
• When we want to implement new ways of working; our first thought is - what new technology can help us?
We value an informal workplace culture, yet insist on performance excellence
• We steer away from unnecessary formality, but we have unwavering standards in the way we interact with each other
• It’s ok to be informal, but with that comes a constant drive for performance excellence
• We want to be unassuming but great; humble but cutting-edge
Our Engineering Processes
We use an Agile methodology based around Kanban. We use continuous integration, unit testing and automated deployment tools to pursue a "deploy early, deploy often" approach. We are very open to new tools and technologies and are always looking for better ways to do things. We stay current with all the components of our tech stack.
Our Hiring Process
We'll ask you to write some code for us to take a look at. If that looks good, we'll schedule a technical interview, followed by a team / cultural fit interview.