What we do
Our mission, at Root, is to drive the digital transformation of financial services by enabling and empowering software developers to build the future of banking and insurance. We package all the difficult things behind easy to use APIs. The existing world of financial services is murky, inaccessible and dominated by cumbersome businesses that are slow to innovate.
We’re always looking for passionate and driven people to join our mission. Joining Root means you’ll be frequently shipping code that affects users directly.
Root is a funded startup, part of the FireID family of companies (SnapScan, Luno, OfferZen, JourneyApps).
Our Engineering Processes
Our core systems are built on NodeJS (TypeScript) with our front-end systems built with React & Redux. We have seamless CI/CD set up as we believe it's more important to focus on the product we're building. We use an adapted version of kanban for managing our development process so that we can focus on writing useful code.
Our Hiring Process
We have a simple hiring process here at Root, designed to validate technical competence, and more importantly, to make sure it's a great culture fit going both ways. Our process is transparent and open to feedback.
1) First, we have a 30min call to get in touch and chat a bit about yourself, the company, and the role within.
2) This is followed by a technical take-home project to complete over the weekend. We know people get bombarded with these, so we try to keep it at 2 hours.
3) Coffee with another team member to share/learn more about our mission and our culture here at Root.
4) The last step is a (paid) simulation day. Here we work through working a "normal" day, where you get to build something real, work with and have lunch with the team. After this day, we're able to make up our minds.
5) To finish it off, we'll phone your references to make sure we're not missing out on anything serious and we'll make sure our credit/criminal checks are sorted.
6) Finally, we'll extend an offer - and the awesome journey begins! :)