Who We Are
RAM Hand-to-Hand Couriers is a powerhouse in the South African courier industry. RAM is the only courier that doesn’t use subcontractors within the borders of South Africa. The Company has an unsurpassed track record of delivering parcels securely, intact and on-time. RAM has more than 41 hubs across Southern Africa, over 1600 vehicles and a team of around 2800 personnel. RAM makes use of cutting edge software technology that provides a competitive advantage over other companies in the industry. RAM also has a well-established International Value Network and the secure Hand-to-Hand infrastructure includes 53 offices in 20 countries as well as integrated systems with DHL Express to ensure seamless delivery within 2 to 5 business days to most major destinations in Africa, Europe, Asia and the USA.
Why Work For Us
RAM is an organisation where technology is core to the strategy of the business and the IT agenda is driven right from the top. RAM has a large software development team which is continuously working to build value adding solutions. RAM is always looking for talented individuals who have the skills and desire to join its team of highly capable developers, who all dedicated and committed to building something remarkable. The technology landscape is broad, diverse and cutting edge, with a focus on web applications, web services, integration, mobile and analytics. The company prides itself on its well-developed intellectual property and its professional approach to solving complex business problems through the use of Information Technology.
Our Develoment Approach
The RAM development team follows an Agile Scrum methodology. We are dedicated to personal development/growth and an experimental approach to continuous improvement. Our team culture is consultative, agile, value-focused, priority-driven and underpinned by a high sense of accountability and urgency. The environment is entrepreneurial, fast paced and challenging
What Type Of Developer Are We Looking For
We are looking for passionate individuals who are technically competent, analytical, well-structured, and detail-orientated. You must be able to work at a fast past delivering high-quality solutions in a highly supportive team environment.
Our Hiring Process
The process is as follows:
- STEP 1 - A short telephonic interview.
- STEP 2 - The completion of an online personality assessment and applications form. A link to the assessment is sent to your email address. This assessment takes about 20 minutes to complete. There are no right or wrong answers.
- STEP 3 - A panel face-to-face interview is conducted of not more than 1 hour. This is an opportunity for both the company and the candidate to ascertain the ‘fit’. Should the applicant and company decide to proceed with the process, the application would move on to the next stage.
- STEP 4 - The applicant will then be asked to complete an in-house technical assessment. The assessment takes place at our premises and you will need to set aside at least two hours for the assessment (this excludes travelling time to and from our branch).
- STEP 5 - Should the candidate pass the technical assessment a polygraph test will then be scheduled for security purposes.
- STEP 6 - Criminal check and reference checking with previous employers.