Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has processed over US$250 million through the platform to fund students from 118 nationalities, with repayment rates in excess of 99%.
Our team of 120 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London but the majority of the team are based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe with plans to expand into Asia.
To date, Prodigy Finance has funded degrees at more than 80 of the of FT Top 100 ranked business schools, including INSEAD, Wharton, Chicago Booth, Columbia Business School, London Business School, NUS, Saïd Business School (Oxford University) and Stanford.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Work at a successful global growth company.
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast growing young company. No kidding - exponential growth. Happening right now!
- Help to build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world.
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work).
- Work with Ruby on Rails; this is your chance to improve your knowledge of this leading edge language. Do the Ruby on Rails course at Code School. (www.codeschool.com)
- We will help you make your mark. We support and encourage involvement in the Ruby and Open Source communities in Cape Town. You’ll have the opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field.
- Receive a competitive salary, and share options in the company. Since you will be playing a key role in making us successful, it is only right that you have a stake in the rewards of our success.
- Enjoy healthy snacks and team lunches once a week, drinks together as a company most Fridays, legendary team events and weekly yoga sessions.
- Live and work in one of the world’s ten best cities - http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/07/travel/world-best-cities/
The Prodigy fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.