What we do
My Online Presence is a dynamic and innovative Development company based in Johannesburg. We provide software development services to individuals as well as small to large businesses. We specialise in building custom software development solutions; Content Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management Software, mobile app development (using Ionic/Flutter) as well as consulting.
In a nutshell: we love to create amazing custom solutions for our clients, work on the latest and greatest technologies, watch motivational videos, learn new things, drink coffee and balance work and play.
Some of the projects we’re working on at the moment:
- EFT Sure - We were approached by an Australian based company to build an onboarding solution that they can offer to their clients. They specialise in payment fraud protection, detection and real-time monitoring of company information - https://home.eftsure.com.au
- MyMed - The South African competitor to Web MD. They offer medically reviewed information and factual answers to your medical, health, aesthetic medicine, wellness, pregnancy and fertility questions - https://www.mymed.com/
- LoanCompare - The first mortgage origination website in South Africa that allows you to apply for a Home loan online, and receive multiple offers from the major SA banks. Andrei and Daleen are also part owners and Directors at LoanCompare - https://loancompare.co.za/
- BetterLife’s BetterRewards - A rewards system for Staff and Agents who work for BetterLife. They get rewarded for achieving certain goals, referrals, compliments, home loan applications and can spend their BetterBucks on the website on vouchers, Airtime, Spa treatments, Car services and so much more.
- SMAB Agency - A custom-built nursing agency system that allows users to add, manage and customise information about clients and candidates in their job portal. They can allocate shifts to candidates at hospitals or clinics (the clients). The functionality includes group and role permissions, reporting, reminders, payroll, shift allocation, leave and so much more.
- Mobi-Claw - A mobile application that we built, using Ionic, to coordinate a Tactical Rapid Response to any emergency that their clients may have. A simple panic button on their user-friendly App will trigger a panic and send help your way in no time - http://www.mobi-claw.com/
- Digitise - Our own in-house project: A platform that was created to help Small to Medium businesses set up an online presence that is quick, easy and affordable. Users will pay a monthly subscription fee and get access to multiple platforms using one login. Users can import or create entries of their client and/or customer information using our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool as well as send SMS and email campaigns to everyone on their database. They will also (as soon as we launch) be able to create and update their own website using our drag-and-drop website-builder - https://digitise.io/
Why Work For Us
We are a down to earth team of really passionate people who care about good code and solving problems. We offer a really fun, relaxed working environment, amazing coffee and flexible working hours. Our aim is for you to grow as an individual and work well as a team. We are always on the lookout for talented and passionate professionals who share our dedication. Our aim is to be part of your journey, by supporting you to become the best developer you can be. We create an environment where you can thrive and work on projects you love so that you can live out your dream.
- We work in a relaxed, but vibrant environment.
- You can come to work in baggies and slops.
- We work hard, but we play just as hard - balance is key.
- We love social Fridays and have countdowns to beer o’clock.
- We love a challenge in Dota, CS, Fortnight .. what is your kryptonite, come and show us what you’ve got!
Our Engineering Processes
We use an agile development approach and typically blend Scrum, Kanban and traditional approaches. Due to this, we might have one developer working on a single project or a team of 3 working on a bigger system at the same time. At My Online Presence, we use GIT and TFS for source control and try to use a clean version of DDD. We also try to use TDD where we can but prefer using Automation Testing via Selenium. We currently have a solid DevOps system in place and are working towards deploying 10 docker instances on every CI build, on some of our projects. Our focus in the office is to work hard, play hard and we do our best to stick to a 40-hour workweek.
Our Hiring Process
- Your application will be reviewed to make sure that you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise to join our team.
- We will call you for an informal telephonic chat
- You will be required to complete and pass a technical test in order to be considered as a candidate
- Visit our offices for an interview.
- If you’re a good fit and tick all the boxes then You’re hired!