At MiWay, freedom means the courage to be bold, to enjoy and savour priceless moments; to enjoy life on your own terms - free from worry and, most importantly, at peace with all the "what-ifs" of the world. We call this #insurancefreedom.
MiWay's environment allows team members to realise their full potential through sharing of knowledge and helping others to learn and grow. Agile and Scrum is a huge part of our department, and without it, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the quality software that we do. But it's not just about delivering software; it also gives everyone a sense of accountability. Since we have self-organising teams, each team is accountable and responsible for their own successes and failures. We succeed as a team - and we fail as a team.
Our weekly “Lean Coffee" sessions form part of our Agile methodology. We have the sessions to brainstorm new ideas, improve current processes or just have some general discussions about anything that we think is relevant.
Our PHP team
- Our PHP team tries to be active members of their communities, both in absorbing and sharing experiences and knowledge.
- All our frontend platforms are built using the latest stable version of PHP and we choose to do our coding magic in the latest version of PHPStorm.
- The basis of our bigger projects is the latest version of the Symfony framework, which provides us with a stable base for our applications and provides all the features required to make flexible and maintainable applications.
- In order to provide the fastest service to our clients we utilise Redis as cache store and Elasticsearch to speed up our systems and searches.
- With a big warehouse of servers, we need to aggregate all the logs in one place, so it is easier to monitor and filter them. We use Graylog’s clean and fluent interface to manage our logs.
- There is nothing more important than having stable builds of software applications. Bamboo helps us to run static analysis on all our code basis, as well as run all our unit and integration tests, to ensure we produce good and stable code to add to our software.
- Our code base is managed through the use of Git and Git related services provided by Atlassian.
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process consists of two round of interviews. The first round is a technical interview with our Solutions Architect and two other senior team members. This interview is to assess your technical skills and abilities, and whether you have what it takes in order to provide quality software.
The second round is a culture-fit assessment which will be conducted with management, as well as a team interview with the rest of the developers. This is to assess if you would be able to fit into the team and environment that form part of our development department.