What we do
You have the data and the model, but you still can't see the return on investment for your AI projects.
Research shows that 50 - 90% of AI models are never commercialized because of the "last-mile" deployment problem.
Melio practices Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) by bridging the gap between data and IT Ops teams.
We help you convert your data to business value by deploying your models into production.
With Melio, you will enjoy:
- Reproducible machine learning with transparent data and model versioning
- Successful and sustained deployment of machine learning in production
- Enforcement of governance policy with strong MLOps strategy
Why Work For Us
Melio is a consulting and product company, focusing on designing and building world-class software solutions:
- Our vision is to empower people to do more with AI.
- Our mission is to make AI frictionless for everyone.
We give a lot of latitude and flexibility to our people, because we believe that people do their best work when they are respected. At the same time, we also expect you to manage yourself and be a grown-up.
We drink a lot of coffee (and tea), and have a lot of fun. Sometimes when life is hard, we drink some beer and carry on. We don’t always get to work on what we love, but we try to convince our clients to see the light and let us work on the cool stuff.
If you want to work in a start-up, and also want to see what’s out there in the world, then come join us.
Let’s make AI frictionless together.
As a fast-paced start-up, our day-to-day is never the same. We look for candidates who love to take up new challenges and excited about learning new things.
Our core values are:
- Openness: we're straight-forward engineers and have very little patience for all the political stuff
- Long-term thinking: we don't want to build stuff that is hard to fix, our pet-peeve is those "quick-wins" that are just bad code
- Curiosity: if you stop learning you stop living.
- Be an advocate: we're passionate about open-source, and we're excited to share our learnings with the world
p.s. Melio is the official sponsor of Cloud Native Computing Foundation Johannesburg Chatper (we're the one and only CNCF affiliates in Africa)!
Our Hiring Process
We have 3-rounds of hiring process (typically):
Initial meet-and-greet (60 minutes):
- A culture-fit assessment for us to take you through Melio's mission, the projects we work on, and answer any questions you may have.
- We will also ask about your technical experience to select a suitable technical assignment for you
Technical assignment (take-home) and should be no more than 2 hours.
- A take-home assignment for you to work on your own environment
- This is for the candidate to ask any more questions they have missed in the previous rounds
As we are a start-up so the process can be a bit more fluid. At any point if you have any questions, we're happy to hop on a quick phone call!