Giraffe is using the coolest tech to solve South Africa’s biggest problem- unemployment
Giraffe is an award-winning, Silicon Valley-funded mobile tech startup that aims to reduce unemployment in South Africa (and beyond) by linking medium-skilled jobseekers to employers using their cellphone, and enabling businesses to hire medium-skilled staff 10x faster and 10x cheaper than any other way using matching algorithms.
You are not just a developer
As a member of a growing team your input is vital in shaping technical and business evolution. You won't be dictated to, like at a consultancy. You will play a key role in building and managing all elements of the Giraffe platform- incorporating mobile application, web application, database, algorithm, machine learning/AI modules and third party integration. Critically, you will work closely with the lead developer, head of product and other business functions in defining product strategy and design, as well as the overall strategy of the business.
We build new things quickly and have a lot of fun in the process
- We are very agile and actively seek feedback from our customers to
improve our product. You will be in regular contact with the sales
and operations teams, so you will always have visibility of how your
product is being used and how it can be improved
- We like to MVP everything- we have very short release cycles and don’t waste our time building pointless features
- Once we are happy proving a concept we engineer a scalable solution
Our hiring process is quick and simple
We know your time is valuable so we don’t make you jump through endless hoops! Our interview process works like this:
- First round face to face technical interview- to assess your technical skills and also your motivation for joining us
- Short take home project to assess your coding ability
- Final round face to face with the founding team- to understand your interests in tech startups in general and to give you an idea of what it’s like to work here