Fonk Cape Town is a front-end design and development agency that specialises in designing, developing, testing and launching mobile applications and large format interactive touch screens. We have offices in Cape Town & Amsterdam. Together we work with some of the worlds most reputable, forward thinking companies and brands, as well as teaming up with industry disrupting start-ups to create iconic, game-changing products. We are busy growing our team and capacity in South Africa.
We're Looking For:
- Front-end native iOS and Android developers that have experience in both leading and contributing to our development process.
- Somebody that works well with skilled UX & UI designers
- Someone to facilitate integration with backend services
- Help with improving code quality, bug testing & performing code reviews
- Participation in early, mid and late stage ideation. Contributing innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- A finger on the pulse with what solutions and technologies are being introduced around the world, and why they work / don't work.
We Like: Integrity, Hard Work, Fun, Big Thinking & Doing, Attenchin to Detail, Problem Solvers, Good Communicators, Team Players, Process & Accuracy. Humility helps too.
We're Not Crazy About: Excuse Makers, Prima donna's & Know-It-All's
How We Work:
Growth Opportunities & Exposure:
Within the first 6 to 8 months at Fonk, we'll send you over to Amsterdam to spend time in the Dutch office to work with, teach, and learn from some of the best in the game. It's important to us that you form strong ties so that the two offices can learn from one another and grow together. Also, being part of a smaller team with international exposure, we're happy if your curiosity leads you to taking an unofficial interest in projects that aren't necessarily core to your role. We see diverse stimulation as key to original solutions.
We also encourage and, within reason, fund further study and skill development.
- Meeting with Team Leader, Ludo Briet & MD, Andy Skinstad to discuss specifics of the role, determine culture fit and learn more about your pedigree.
- Brief skill test and/or tech assessment
- Video Conference with Dutch Directors and meet the SA team
We look forward to meeting you,