What we do
Flickswitch exists to help companies build the internet of things. Our platform simplifies GSM SIM card management at scale.
Established in 2007, we provide technology services in the African mobile data industry.
Born and bred on the continent, Flickswitch offers comprehensive African SIM management solutions focusing on M2M & IoT as well as bulk direct airtime payments across various mobile networks in various African countries.
Flickswitch processes millions of recharge transactions across various mobile networks every year.
Using our own proven technology integrated with mobile networks, Flickswitch makes the management and recharging of GSM SIM cards radically simple, speeding up time-to-market and better managing total SIM communication cost.
More than 500 customers trust Flickswitch with their SIM management requirements.
We have offices in Cape Town, Jo'burg and Nairobi.
We are in the process of expanding our services to a number of African Mobile Network Operators.
South Africa and Kenya are live.
Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Malawi, Ghana are all in the pipeline.
We manage all the tech here in South Africa.
Why Work For Us
We're working on software that matters in the real world.
We take our work seriously, but not too seriously. Health & Family comes first, always.
We're small and relatively flexible in how we work.
We're in an exciting, rapidly growing sector. IOT, m2m, big data, blah-di-blah.
What we're looking for
If smaller companies with a more flexible approach to work is appealing, this might be for you.
- Someone in the Cape Town area
- Someone nice. Cultural fit is paramount, and we are all nice.
- Intelligence and energy
- A person who likes to learn new things
- Someone who isn't a coding snob (AKA willing to code in PHP, etc)
- Someone pragmatic (delivery trumps perfection), but bright and experienced enough to know when quick delivery will introduce technical debt, who can be a perfectionist in those cases
- Someone who writes well-designed, stable code that can run by itself for many many days at a time
- A good communicator.
This is what we are not looking for:
- A specific set of skills in specific technology. It doesn't matter. If s/he likes to learn, the new stuff will be fun. Being au fait with a wide variety of (open) tech is a plus, though.
- A specific technology evangelist / someone who is stuck on a specific way to do something. No tech religious wars, please. BTW, all our stuff is built on FLOSS products.
- Specific years experience. (Heaps of) Experience will come with the job.
Our Hiring Process
If we like your CV, we'll invite you for a coffee and a chat if you're Cape Town based, or a hangout if you're not.
If we gel, we'll progress to a technical interview.
If that goes well, we may or may not make you an offer.
Regardless of the outcome, we'll be straight with you.