About the company
Discover Africa Group is an online travel agency based in Cape Town’s northern suburbs, operating two high-trafficked tourism websites:
Our dev team
Our in-house dev team of three developers works closely with our digital marketing and sales teams. The team’s mandate is to develop and maintain:
- New features for our client-facing websites
- Integrations with external systems
- New web applications
- Digital marketing assets, some past examples include:
HATFEE: Honesty, Authenticity, Teamwork, Fun, Empathy and being Exceptional (we forked our values from Moz.com's TAGFEE.)
We're a company of ±30 at present, with a ~30% annual growth rate expected over the next year or two. We're small enough to care (and know everyone around you). Yet big enough to have a mature environment and treat people with respect.
We've been operating since 2002. Both co-founders are still directing the business.
Why work for us?
- Work with various technologies. We believe in “right tool for the job”.
- Relatively short project cycles (1-6 months) comprised of 1-2 week sprints.
- Work "client side". None of the chaos of agency life. We focus on quality work, not churning out as many billable hours as possible.
- Your work is highly used. Thousands of users engage with our front-end websites and back-end systems daily, so everything you build has meaning.
- Fair pay, for your valuable time.
- A pleasant and work-focussed environment.
Our Hiring Process
- 5-10 minute telephone call (Introduce company roadmap, base candidate skills, culture fit, etc)
- ±30 minute video call with our lead developer (technical discussion)
- Interview with team lead + founder (include problem solving tasks and deeper dive into technical skills)