Who we are
Curro Holdings is a JSE-listed company that provides independent education in English and Afrikaans to learners from three months to Grade 12 by developing, acquiring and managing independent schools in South Africa. Curro currently manages 110 schools on 47 school campuses, providing education to approximately 42 000 learners.
Every Curro school build its activities – either academy, culture or on sport level – on Curro’s four principles, namely
- Christian ethos and values
- Creative thinking
- Positive discipline
Curro’s vision for the future of South Africa is to make independent school education accessible to more learners throughout South Africa. The group aims to have at least 200 schools on 80 campuses accommodating 90 000 learners by 2020. Curro schools aim to provide a world-class education where 21st century teaching and learning take place with technology driving the curriculum.
To achieve his vision, Curro provides education to learners across various schooling models. These brands or lines of business are:
- Curro Castle Nursery Schools
- Curro Schools
- Curro Select Schools
- Curro Meridian Schools
- Curro Academy Schools
- Curro also owns and manages Embury Institute for Higher Education, a private institute for education.
Why work for Curro?
- Curro Holdings has been one of the most talked about stocks in South Africa. The growth of this independent education group has been described as ‘nothing short of astonishing’.
- Curro is a sustainable company with the potential to operate 500 schools by 2030.
- Curro is the market leader in the provision of affordable, quality, independent school education throughout South Africa and so far as Namibia.
- Curro Holdings secured the third place at The Sunday Times Top 100 Companies awards ceremony in 2016. The awards celebrate JSE-listed companies that offered the best performance for shareholders over the past five years.
- At Curro we believe that the education of the youth is a cornerstone for the development of quality leaders and good citizens that will positively impact society.
Our Engineering Process
Curro IT uses an agile, interactive approach to software development. Curro is a very dynamic and extremely fast-growing company and as such we try to be flexible enough to the changing needs of the business, but at the same time focussed and driven enough to deliver on time.
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process consists of one or two face-to-face interviews with the software manager and a senior developer.