What we do
Counterweight are the world leaders in evidence-based weight loss. Our small but mighty team are on a mission to bring healthy eating and lifestyle habits to everyone. Our flagship weight loss programme has been clinically proven to help people achieve remission from type 2 diabetes.
Counterweight began in 2000 as a collaboration between leading academics from seven UK Universities. Our programmes are currently delivered in many NHS clinics across the UK, and we recently launched our direct to consumer offer.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Counterweight. We’re tackling a global health challenge, and over the coming months and years we’ll expand to new channels, markets, and products. Join us on the journey!
Why are we hiring
We are currently launching our consumer app. The platform is the digital version of the Counterweight course in the UK with plans for global expansion. Visit https://counterweight.org/ for more information. The platform itself is made up of the following elements:
- Digital content access
- Weight, blood glucose and other vitals tracker
Why work with us?
Because we want to work with you - irrespective of whom you are or where you are from. We are an internationally diverse team with members based in Scotland, the United Kingdom, Ukraine and South Africa. We are always on the lookout for good talent to join our growing team and help us drive successful patient outcomes.
We are also motivated by making the world a happier and healthy place, having a direct impact on people's lives for the better.
Finally, we also work with a cutting edge AWS tech stack with no legacy code or technical debt.
Our tech stack
Our entire infrastructure is deployed using AWS CDK and is structure in an event-driven microservice architecture. We utilise the following AWS serverless tools to pull it all together:
- Appsync (GraphQL API)
- Cognito (User authentication)
- Eventbridge (asynchronous service communication)
- Step functions service orchestration)
- Dynamodb (our database of choice)
Our Hiring Process
If you believe this role is for you, please submit the following to email@example.com :
- Your CV
- Link to your public Github profile
- A paragraph on any previous project you’ve worked on utilising any AWS services and a technical summary of the project, including / highlighting how at least one technical process in the system works and why you chose to implement it as such.
Following this, we will run the following process:
- A video meeting which will comprise of an initial technical screening and getting to understand more about the opportunity from a technical perspective. Following this, we will shortlist candidates.
- A video meeting with some of the business stakeholders to understand if the first is right for both you and us