Convergenc3 is a South African-based business & digital engineering consultancy with offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Windhoek. It was founded in 2016 by ex-Deloitte director, Stefan Smit. What makes Convergenc3 unique is that every single employee is encouraged to launch a tech startup and work on it during business hours (more on this later).
Mondays to Thursdays Convergenc3 employees work for clients on the most challenging business engineering projects in the financial services, banking, insurance, telecommunications, aviation and manufacturing industries. Convergenc3 currently employs more than 70+ business-, software-, data-, automation-, etc. engineers at clients including FNB, WesBank, Absa, Santam, Hollard, Old Mutual and Vodacom, amongst many others. Convergenc3 has successfully completed more than 120+ digital programs and projects within the financial services, banking, insurance, telecommunications, aviation and manufacturing industries over the past 6+ years.
Some of these programs and projects include:
- End-to-end support of the design and delivery of digital banks &
- Building digital marketplaces and super-apps that consume financial
services APIs. In these programs and projects, Convergenc3 deployed
program managers and supported the end-to-end design & delivery with
the support of our engineering teams.
- Building and operating an incubator and innovation lab for South
Africa’s largest telco, Vodacom
- Building disruptive startups on top of banks’ sandbox environments
- Designing and implementing TOMs (Target Operating Models) for banks
and insurance organisations. Convergenc3 supports architecture design
(incl. business, enterprise, solutions, etc.) as well as process
engineering, among many other facets.
Today Convergenc3 fulfils 5 key roles in the industry:
- A business engineering consultancy that provides business (process)-,
software-, data- & product engineering as well as management &
strategy consulting to facilitate growth, optimisation and
transformation for our clients
- Software engineering provides an in-house development team for
clients (incl. frontend, backend, UX/UI design, DevOps, Agile SCRUM,
- Data engineering & science as well as RPA (Robotics Process
- Startup lab for employees to found and build their own tech startups
- The C3 Academy rapidly develops young talent from graduates to
go-getters. 10% (i.e. every 2nd Friday) the whole organisation spends
a full day on learning and development. This ensures that our
engineers stay ahead of the rapidly developing digital & innovation
curve. Our clients realise the difference that a Convergenc3 engineer
brings to their environment.
- Every other Friday employees are encouraged to found a tech startup.
Today Convergenc3 boasts more than 20+ active startups with a couple
of them having raised funding and getting into notable startup
accelerators such as Startupbootcamp. This means that Convergenc3
employs the most exciting talent and employees treat clients with
empathy having faced the stark realities of their own startup