What We Do
We are a fintech startup, working in an area ripe for disruption: accounting and bookkeeping. CANDIS uses Artificial Intelligence to automate tedious financial processes (think: collecting invoices, data entry, pre-account assignment, and payments) for small and medium-sized companies. We use Machine Learning to automate accounting processes, automate accounting workflows, and empower companies with real-time data and insights to make better financial choices.
Why Work For Us
We are currently in a very exciting transition phase as we move from start-up to scale-up, with fantastic VC backing supporting our growth into new markets and new product areas. Over the next 5 years, we plan to be present across the EU, enabling small and medium businesses to make better financial decisions (and better use of their time) through automated processes and insights.
As a member of the Product & Tech team, you will have a direct impact on our success as a company. You'll work alongside a fantastic group of smart, curious, funny people to solve real-world problems and improve the lives of our users.
We believe in your growth, too! With bi-weekly Personal Development Days, Learning & Development budget, and a culture of mentorship and knowledge-sharing, we encourage you to use your time at CANDIS to become better at whatever it is you're passionate about. Your success is our success!
We live by one simple phrase: YES WE CANDIS!
- YES: Positive Thinking & Persistence - “Optimists find solutions, pessimists find problems.” And we know: there is always a solution.
- WE: Collaboration & Humanity - The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We act as a company, but respect each person. We are empathetic and humble.
- CAN: Learning & Improving - “Try. Learn. Improve.” We accept that we do not know everything and act fast to become better.
- DIS: Focus & Ownership - We execute with clear focus and make sure that tasks are delivered.
Our Engineering Processes
We follow Scrum and Agile methodologies, and are currently organized into four cross-functional teams. These consist of Front- and Backend Developers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Designers, and more.
Our Hiring Process
We know your time is valuable, and we want every interview step to be a chance for you to learn more about CANDIS as well. After all, in the end it should be a great fit on both sides!
- 1. People Operations screening call (30 min) - You'll meet with Geneva, our Senior Technical Recruiter, to talk about your career goals and motivations, your experience, and what you value you in a team.
- 2. Pair Programming session (45 min) - This is a low-pressure coding session where you will work together with two of our senior developers to solve a series of problems in a language of your choosing. We want to understand how you approach problems, how you talk through your solutions, and what it's like to work with you!
- 3. Technical Interview (60-90 min) - This interview will focus on your experience as well as your knowledge of various technical topics (architecture, software quality, domain driven design, etc.). It's also a great opportunity for you to ask your most burning technical questions about CANDIS.
- 4. Final Interview (30 min) - Depending on who you've met at this point in the process, you may also have a final 1:1 call with your future Team Lead. If you've already met earlier on, and had a chance to chat, it's possible we may skip this step.
That's right - no take-home assignments or code challenges. :)
We look forward to meeting you!