What We Do
We are a fintech scale-up working in an area ripe for disruption: accounting and bookkeeping. Candis helps companies regain control over their accounts payable process (think: collecting invoices, data entry, pre-account assignment, and payments). By providing a well-designed and intuitive app, we strive to make working lives better–not just for accountants, but for every employee.
We empower finance teams with software to generate financial insights that support decision-making and help businesses scale… all while making a meaningful sustainable impact by reducing paper waste.
Why Work For Us
We are currently in a very exciting transition phase as we move from start-up to scale-up, with fantastic VC backing supporting our growth into new markets and new product areas. Over the next years, we plan to become the go-to financial operating system for companies, enabling businesses to make better financial decisions (and better use of their time) through automated processes and insights.
As a member of the CanTech team, you will have a direct impact on our success as a company. You'll work alongside a fantastic group of smart, curious, funny people to solve real-world problems and improve the lives of our users.
We believe in your growth, too! With regular Hackathons, Learning & Development budget, and a culture of mentorship and knowledge-sharing, we encourage you to use your time at Candis to become better at whatever it is you're passionate about. Your success is our success!
We live by one simple phrase: YES WE CANDIS!
- YES: Positive Thinking & Persistence - “Optimists find solutions, pessimists find problems.” And we know: there is always a solution.
- WE: Collaboration & Humanity - The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We act as a company, but respect each person. We are empathetic and humble.
- CAN: Learning & Improving - “Try. Learn. Improve.” We accept that we do not know everything and act fast to become better.
- DIS: Focus & Ownership - We execute with clear focus and make sure that tasks are delivered.
Our Engineering Processes
We follow Scrum and Agile methodologies, and are currently organized into four cross-functional teams. These consist of Front- and Backend Developers, DevOps and Mobile Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and more.
Our Hiring Process
We know your time is valuable, and we want every interview step to be a chance for you to learn more about Candis as well. After all, in the end it should be a great fit on both sides!
- 1. People Operations screening call (30 min) - You'll meet with Geneva, Talent Team Lead, to talk about your career goals and motivations, your experience, and what you value you in a team.
- 2. Pair Programming session (90 min) - This is a low-pressure coding session where you will work together with two of our senior developers to solve a series of problems in a language of your choosing. We want to understand how you approach problems, how you talk through your solutions, and what it's like to work with you! This will consist of live coding followed by a technical discussion, as well as time for you to ask questions.
- 4. Final Interview (30-45 min) - This will be a call with Aleks, our CTO, to discuss any last open questions on either side and ensure that everyone is both confident and excited to move forward!
That's right - no take-home assignments or code challenges. :)
We look forward to meeting you!