What we do
At Bob Group, we believe in making ecommerce accessible to everyone, so that all South Africans can buy, sell and achieve their goals online. We aim to connect, empower and support people to positively change their lives through ecommerce; ecommerce that’s so reliable, simple and trustworthy, everyone can participate and benefit!
Why Work For Us
At Bob Group, you get to work with great minds, diverse people and are given plenty of opportunities to develop yourself further. We have a startup culture, providing an environment that is both fun, creative and conducive to learning. Bob Group strives to create a home for people from all backgrounds, cultures and skill-sets.
Bob Cats are passionate and kind people. We empower each other and our customers to grow through innovation. We are adaptable, inclusive and daring.
- A four-day work week on the second Friday of each month.
- Hybrid work model for those who thrive working from home.
- Flexible leave and working hours, depending on your role.
- Continued opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Monthly internal team events and cake day.
- Employees are our biggest asset.
- We put a strong focus on employee welfare and development.
- Fantastic coffee for those caffeine
- No set dress code – you be you.
Our Engineering Processes
We use standard Agile processes such as Kanban to streamline our development processes. We use predominantly AWS infrastructure where possible. We have a test driven development environment using tools like Scrutinizer, New Relic, Github and Slack.
We are a small team so generally are able to make quick decisions. We will ask you to come and meet the rest of the team with probably the most important part of the process being to see how you will fit in with the rest of the team. We may ask you to complete a technical task as part of the hiring process in order to gauge the fit from both sides. In the past, we have however made most hiring decisions within a few days of the first meeting.