What we do
BBD is SA’s premier bespoke software development and applications outsourcing company.
BBD differentiates itself in the market by its 30+ year track record of successful delivery of working, integrated applications, world class software engineering skills and in-depth business domain knowledge.
Why Work For Us
- BBD provides the opportunity to work alongside SA's experts in software dev.
- We invest in our people with frequent training, technology intro sessions and funding and supporting your further external training/studies.
- We work on varied and interesting projects across a broad-range of leading SA enterprises in Jhb, Sandton, Midrand, Centurion, Pretoria and Cape Town.
- We are committed to South Africa and helping to build a better country for all of its people and improving the knowledge economy in SA - we support various initiatives to do this including the revolutionary WeThinkCode_ programme.
- Legendary functions & parties with SA's top bands and comedians performing.
For us delivering working software applications is what drives us. We like to take on the challenging projects and do the 'impossible' - we have many success stories of how we delivered a working solution for a client when others had tried and failed! We are also people and family focused and believe that everyone is important and therefore have a flat structure and open-door policy. Whilst many of our people have degrees, we recognise that many strong software devs never went to university but are still great developers.
Our Engineering Processes
BBD has been around the block and we know that no process is a silver bullet. We focus on getting the job done and not wasting time on non-value adding activities. We obviously have a lot of experience in all of the mainstream engineering processes and SDLC's, but we always apply pragmatism and help our clients to do the same in software projects.
Our Hiring Process
We have a two step process that involves writing an online assessment in the development language of your choice followed by an in-person interview.