At Afferent Software we are dedicated to delivering innovation in the Payments industry. We go out of our way to make our customers feel like we are their partners, that their business is our business and that we are there to make their business more efficient and more profitable.
Our focus is on building a state of the art products organisation.
What we do
We have three focus areas:
- Development of Afferent Product solutions within the Payments industry - our primary aim. This covers cloud-native, mobile, and standalone or integrated applications.
- Development of custom solutions (primarily on the ACI Payments platform Postilion) for our customers.
- Provision of Payments consultancy – Project Management, Requirements Gathering, Solution Architecture, Testing, Installation & Configuration, Production Support, etc.
Why Work For Us
- We're a small team, dedicated to helping our customers while ensuring our team has everything they need to deliver great solutions and nurture their talent.
- We have a strong focus on innovation, questioning the status-quo and bringing modern technologies together to transform the customer experience.
- We work with big international customer names.
- Our team has the ability to travel to the UK and US amongst other countries.
- By joining us, staff gain entry into the Payments industry which is in high demand.
- We have a flat management structure and we intend to maintain the small products company vibe.
At Afferent we have a start-up culture with relaxed dress, flexible working hours and an energising vibe but with the comfort of knowing the company has been around 16 years. When we're in the office, we have lunch together every Friday and love grabbing a few beers in the Square after work with colleagues after a long day. We are focused on building our people and helping them achieve their career goals, recognising that without happy, productive staff we have no business.
Our Engineering Processes
Our processes depend on the team and product. While all teams use Agile methodologies, they are given a lot of flexibility as to how they deliver high quality solutions. Rather than box people into roles, we encourage flexibility and getting out of your comfort zone. We work very closely with our customers throughout the development lifecycle and strive for continuous improvement, both at a development level and in the company generally.
Our Hiring Process
We start with a screen call or face-to-face meeting, chatting through your CV and what you've been doing as well as some general people/thinking/soft-skill questions. We are highly protective of our culture and are looking to ensure a good fit.
Should you be successful, we will move onto a technical interview where we will looking to explore your coding and thinking capabilities and your ability to problem solve.
Finally, should it be necessary for the role, you will have a face-to-face interview with one of our senior management team.
We like to keep the process short and fun in the hope of finding a great match between you and Afferent. We will keep you informed throughout the process as to your progress and expected timelines.
We can't wait to meet you!