We’re creating documentaries to tell the tech stories that inspire people to keep creating and learning, and ultimately, unlock more potential in both themselves and software. Check out the YouTube Channel!
There is so much noise that you kind of just have to ignore things for a given amount of time until they still stick around and you’re like, “Oh, okay, maybe I’ll check this thing out”.
But me personally, as somebody who gets to try out all of these things for a living, you know, what I’ve seen is a very clear evolution in terms of ease of use. So while we might not like the churn and the change, I think any given period of time that’s moved forward has overall made our lives as developers way more functional. We can create new things that we could have never even dreamed about creating ten years ago.
For people out there who are trying to keep up with the pace in their professional careers, it can often feel super overwhelming with all of the different options that are out there. But oftentimes we don’t need, we don’t need to explore every option that exists. We don’t need to go down every avenue. That’s not for most developers. Most developers are going to be able to take new things and the result of these new things and integrate it into their lives, hopefully without ever having to deal with things behind the scenes.
I think about when a package can sometimes be updated with a whole new thing behind the scenes that suddenly makes everything work five times faster at no cost to you as a developer. I think the average developer is going to see more gains in their personal workflow and their personal developer experience, not by necessarily paying attention to all of the new latest and greatest things, but by receiving those updates down the line at a later date.
- Svelte Origins: The Documentary by OfferZen
- Why OfferZen is Making Documentaries about Open-source tech
- What is Svelte? feat. Rich Harris
- Rich Harris on why he created Svelte
- Why Svelte is Easy to Learn as a React Developer
- How Svelte differs from React or Vue.js
- Taylor Otwell on how he Decides what PRs to Merge into Laravel
- Jeffrey Way Tells the Story of Laracasts
- The Story of Tailwind CSS feat. Adam Wathan
- Nuno Maduro Tells the Story of Pest PHP
- Larabelles and Inclusivity in the Laravel community
- PHP Isn’t Dead ft. Jeffrey Way, Erika Heidi and others
- Taylor Otwell Explains his Coding Style
- The story of Laravel News featuring Eric L. Barnes
- Taylor Otwell on the Importance of Documentation and Developer Experience in Laravel
- The story of Code Happy, Code Bright & Code Smart feat. Dayle Rees
- Taylor Otwell on How He Got Into Programming
- The pros and cons of open-source feat. the Laravel Origins cast
- Taylor Otwell on how Laracon came to be