We are looking for someone passionate about Android development to help us change the world. Founded in 2012, The Reach Trust has helped more than 10 million people to access life-enhancing information, share resources and create the change they want to see in their lives through the use of mobile technology.
Our small, yet growing team dreams big and thinks global. At the same time, we keep our finger on the pulse of the unique conditions and opportunities mobile technology presents for millions in Southern Africa. We are deeply passionate about the impact we can have on social and economic change, and everyone on the team is closely involved in everything that we do to achieve this.
What’s the role?
As Senior Developer you will be responsible for developing and publishing Android apps. You will work in an agile team with back-end developers, web developers and 2+ Android developers.
We like our employees to be involved in all steps of the development process. From initial ideas, mockups, designs, planning, development and testing to publishing and maintenance.
What you get
- A great job where you can work with the latest techniques as Kotlin, RXJava, Firebase, MVP, communicating to Amazon AWS, etc.
- A good salary based on your knowledge and skills, not your experience.
- Try-out-anything Fridays and hackathon days!
- Company with international aspirations and an international and multi-cultural team.
- The chance to inspire and improve lives, how often do you get that in your work as developer?
- Very flexible working hours.
- A diverse job with broad responsibilities.
- Work at a great office facility in the center of Stellenbosch.
- Opportunity to visit conferences, events and training courses.
Every other Friday you can spend trying out "anything"; AR, VR, new techniques. For example, one of our Android developers has used the extra Fridays to create a game prototype with C# in Unity3d, a game in Android, an analogue card game, a facial recognition app and some AR stuff.
What do you need to get the job?
- It would be great if you had around 3 or more years of experience on Android.
- If you had experience with Kotlin, then wow, please apply.
- You should have a valid SA work permit.
Hiring process consists of two interviews and optionally a coding test. A well filled Github account can take away the need for a test.
The Reach Trust recently finished a system that will be used to build Early Childhood Development apps. MathsUp is the first one that we published. Four more apps on this system have been planned for the remainder of 2017. Completely new, international projects are also coming up. Some of the techniques we use:
- Java and Kotlin
- Automated tests (unit mostly, some ui)
- Data binding
- Agile Development
- and many other tools and api's. Google, Youtube, Facebook etc.
Frank van der Laan, email@example.com
The Reach Trust, La Gratitude Building, 97 Dorp Street, Stellenbosch
+27 (0)21 888 7000 • www.thereachtrust.org