What we do
Live healthier and more vital with Selfcare
Selfcare was created in 2015 from the firm conviction that we all want to live a long, healthy and vigorous life. People can play an active role in this, which gave us the idea of implementing state-of-the-art technology on a platform where the user can store all data in a safe and independent environment. This provides ‘ordinary’ people with medical insights and personal health information, enabling them to take personal control of preventive actions.
This new world of technological possibilities goes further than simply counting steps with a pedometer or using digital scales. Every day more and more personal health tools are finding their way into consumers’ homes. In the near future it will even be possible for us to discover more about the influence of our DNA and environment on our health.
We shared this knowledge with several renowned doctors. They recognized the potential of our idea and shared our conviction that we should focus more on staying healthy. Preventing disease instead of waiting until things go wrong was also an important starting point for digital biologist and molecular oncologist Professor Koen Kas and general practitioner with cardiovascular expertise Dr. Monique Prinssen. Their medical expertise has helped us to develop Selfcare into what it is today.
Why Work For Us
- Unlike our colleague organisations, the holistic approach of the end-user is our starting point, not the healthcare industry.
- The world of Healthcare Prevention is new and needs to be discovered.
- We have a small team of goal driven enthusiasts.
- We are a young professional organisation.
- There is a lot of freedom in how and when you work.
Our Engineering Processes
- We work with 3-month planning and two-weekly scrums.
- We (try to) keep you isolated from intrusions in your work, so you can focus on what you like to do.
- There is always time for consultations.
Our Hiring Process
- Let us know you are interested to work with us.
- Let's get to know each other.
- Do we agree? Because we are ISO27001 (and NEN7510) certified, we need a background check on you (Link). Therefore you need to live in the EU.