Polymorph builds (cloud) software that grows our clients’ businesses. Our work covers a variety of industries and a range of apps and IoT software projects. Our clients include startups, scale-ups and enterprises that need brand new cloud software or upgrade or replace existing software.
Here’s a very small sample of our projects:
- OneDayOnly’s mobile app (retail industry)
- Absa’s foreign exchange app (banking & financial services industry)
- Energy Partner’s home energy system app (energy & utilities industry)
- Open Learning Technologies’ student administration system (education industry)
- Bloodhound’s real-time personnel management app (labour industry)
- Linebooker two sided trucking marketplace (transport industry)
...and many more.
Join a creative team of product managers, UX designers & researchers, software architects,
software developers and QA analysts & engineers dedicated to delivering software that
delivers value to our clients and engaging experiences to users.
We are serious about always learning new things. We create the time and opportunities for
you to learn and develop new skills and actively promote and compensate you for taking on
more responsibility aligned with your career goals.
Who we are
Polymorph is a mobile product development company that helps clients and partners build innovative solutions to real problems. New technology and innovation are core to what we like to do. Our clients don't just want a copy of something that already exists, we're always solving exciting new problems. We know how to build products in the right way.
What we do
- Lean product development - concept to market
- User experience research & design
- Visual design
- Native, hybrid and HTML5 development on iOS and Android
- Full back end development using cloud technologies
Why Work For Us
- You get to tackle interesting problems in a supportive and innovative culture.
- Autonomy to solve problems & produce something you are proud of.
- You get to work on a variety of different products.
We have a culture of trust and ownership. We work remotely most of the time (remote first), trusting people and measuring performance on what is produced rather than time spent in a chair. We value innovation and experimentation, and we believe that failure is not an unfortunate byproduct of innovation, but at the core of true innovation. It is how we learn. We have a no-blame culture and solve problems by looking at the root causes and putting measures in place to prevent that from happening in the future, rather than blaming people.
Our UX Process
We follow an iterative process that engages cross-disciplinary teams made up of designers, developers, client representatives, potential users and other experts. We aim to empower individuals to engage with UX problems to find the best solutions for the specific product. We focus strongly on putting users at the centre of design solutions.
Our Engineering Processes
- Iteratively build, test and improve.
- Agile in everything we do.
- Deliver in cross-functional teams consisting of designers and developers.
- Continuous delivery of products to the client and users.
- Automated testing on unit and UI level.
- We use git and standard distributed SCM practices.
- We use the latest IDEs, frameworks and libraries for development.
Our Hiring Process
We have an initial chat to get to know more about you as a person and for you to get to know more about us.
Then we want to see how we fit together on a technical level. We try to find out how you will fit in with our team and processes. To do that we try and create a situation that is as close as possible to a real project scenario if you were working here. We put you in a team with some of our current employees and give the team a problem to solve. Then we see how the team works together and what your contribution is to the solution.