TLDR: Wicked problem. Small, kick-ass team. All the resources you need to be excellent. Coffee.
Kin is an early stage startup with funding, founded by people who built 20twenty in the early noughties and 22seven in the early tens.
We’re currently a small team, app and community that helps people be smarter with money, together. We have very big ambitions and joining us now will mean having a big influence on what Kin becomes as it grows.
Our open-plan offices are in Cape Town’s East City Precinct, upstairs from Truth Coffee on Buitenkant Street.
- You want to work on something that can make a difference to people.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You care deeply (maybe to the point of it being a problem) about user
experience, high quality code, test driven development and rapid
- You like automating things.
- You are comfortable with Android SDK, Kotlin, GraphQL, Android UI
design principles and Git.
- You can communicate with the humans.
We have a simple hiring process once we have seen your CV and we like what we see.
- 15 minute phone call to make sure we are on the same page.
- Technical Coffee: Discuss the role in depth and work through the technical
requirements, expectations and opportunities.
- Culture Coffee: Find out more about you and make sure that we are a good culture and values fit for you, and you
- Skills assessment: On-site with our lead dev.
- Founder Coffee: Meeting with one or both of our founders as a final chemistry check
- We make an offer.
Average time from first coffee to conclusion is 4 weeks, although our last hire took 15 days from cv to signed contract.