What we do
IUA is a future-focused, streamlined company that is the first-choice partner for outsourced administration and related business solutions, based in Durban, South Africa. With our personalised approach, we develop tools and systems to streamline our partners' business functioning, creating solutions specific to their needs and helping to create a quality experience for their customers.
Why Work For Us
Our team are all skilled in their own area of expertise within our IT, Business Intelligence, Project Office, Customer Experience, Human Resources, Finance, Legal and Compliance, Administration, Claims and reporting teams. We create clarity around our company and our employee performance goals, providing regular feedback to support personal development and our culture of continuous improvement.
We use "best practice" reward principles and practices to ensure our people are paid a fair, market related package. The physical and emotional well-being of our people is important to us; regular "wellness" interventions ensure this. We also recognise our people for the contribution they make at IUA, through both informal and formal recognition awards programmes.
IUA has a diverse and inclusive culture - we encourage learning and interaction and offer continued focus and support in the skills development of our people. Our IT department operate mostly from home, but we like our Durban-based team members to come into the office once a week to build relationships and collaborate in person.
Our Engineering Processes
Our systems are an exciting challenge for any technical person wanting to solve complex problems. We use a range of technologies over a number of applications, with a distributed architecture overlaying multiple databases. You will be faced with legacy applications, modern SPA web applications, service-based architecture, all interacting to handle millions of transactions a day. We look for people with excellent problem solving skills and a solid understanding of design patterns and software architecture. Our team works from multiple locations, and you will need strong communication skills and an outgoing approach.
Our Hiring Process
We follow a traditional hiring process, as follows:
- You will be asked to complete a technical test, that you will need to complete and submit in your own time
- If we are impressed with your skills, we will set up an interview where we will discuss you, your background, and decisions made when completing the technical test
- There may be a follow-up technical interview with other members of your prospective team
Some interview considerations:
- We value attitude and approach over jargon
- The interview is our opportunity to ask you questions - and your opportunity to ask US questions
- Our turnaround times are usually quick, but if there are multiple interviewees, the process may slow down. Be transparent with us.