About and History
AJS Develops Software for the Legal and Corporate Markets. The Group's origins date back to 1979 when the AJS accounting system was first developed. Today, AJS has a presence in all of South Africa's major centres with a certified reseller network throughout the world.
Our Culture and Values
Over the past couple of years our Dev team have developed a set of values by which we live on a daily basis - it is OUR values that WE decided on and it gives us a framework to deal with our day to day challenges and defines the culture that we subscribe to.
New members to the team are expected to subscribe to these values. These values can be summed up in the following bullet points:
People, relationships and decisions
- We are one team and are part of one business.
- We protect each other and our business.
- We share our knowledge and experience with those who can benefit
- We listen to each other with an open mind without interruption
- We take key decisions based on reasoning and not rank
Ethical and cohesive behaviour
- We take responsibility for our attitudes and our actions.
- We are passionate about our work and proud of what we accomplish
- We communicate when we are frustrated and aim to have constructive discussions.
- We value our diversity and encourage an environment where people feel safe.
- We behave with integrity and positively challenge destructive behaviour
Expertise and results
- We do a lot more by doing less, better and faster
- We make growth and learning part of our DNA
- We dont fixate on past mistakes, but constantly aim to improve for the future
- We foster a culture that takes responsibilty and not one that blames
- We strive for perfection and always do what is best for our customers
Our Engineering Processes
We subscribe to Agile Methodologies with daily standup meetings.
Our Hiring Process
After reviewing your CV, we will request an in-person interview. During this interview, you will be asked to answer simple programming questions on a whiteboard - don't worry you wont be asked to implement a heapsort - that is what google is for!
If the first interview is successful, you will be intvited for a second interview in which we will ask further technical questions as well as determine whether you are a fit for our culture and brand.