What we do
Albatros Datenservice GmbH, a division of NBC Sports Next, is an innovative technology company that powers solutions for golfers and golf courses to better connect. Our course management software and services help our Golf Course partners across Europe and South Africa increase their rounds and revenue and manage their business operations.
We are driving forward and reshaping an entire industry, building innovative new web based and mobile products, and assisting golf course operators to manage profitable and sustainable businesses.
Why Work For Us
We take pride in offering an exceptional team member experience with generous benefits and perks designed to offer financial security, support wellbeing and enhance work life balance.
Our business is fun to be part of, and our employees are connected to a truly global company within NBC Universal. This is a great opportunity to advance your career and be a part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
We don't believe in complex hierarchies. We work within cross functional teams of designers, managers and engineers towards the common goal of creating delightful and useful software for our users. We are constantly looking to improve our processes and make our workplace a better and happier place for our employees.
Our Engineering Processes
We want our engineers to own what they work on. We work within a flat communicative structure, of cross functional teams, specialising in specific parts of our product/s. We believe in a user centric approach to software development, striving to put our users first throughout the product development lifecycle.
Our Hiring Process
This is what you can expect when interviewing with us.
Our interview process has the following stages:
- An introductory chat to get to know who you are and what makes you tick. We will explain a bit more about what we do.
- A technical interview, mainly focusing on your past experience.
- A short interview to meet our Director's in the United Kingdom and Germany. They will give you an overview of the entire NBC/Universal business and why it is such an exciting organisation to be a part of.
During the process, you are likely to meet the following members of our team:
- Grant Little (Project Manager) - Cape Town, South Africa
- Volker Schorp (Vice-President of Product and Technology) - Karlsruhe, Germany
- Sergey Bezvershenko (Senior Java Engineer) - Karlsruhe, Germany
- Rosie McCaul (Senior Manager, Human Resources) - Belfast, United Kingdom
What will they be looking for?
- Someone that enjoys writing code and solving technical problems and has a real passion for software development. We are looking for engineers not managers :)
How long does our interview process usually take, from first call to offer stage?
- As soon as possible, but probably around 2 weeks.
If you need any additional information on our interview process, please reach out to us directly.
Alternatively, please take a look at our careers page to get to know us better.