What is JaSure?
Insurance is one of the biggest markets in the world because everybody has to manage their risks. Large, traditional insurers move slowly and struggle to innovate. We believe that, with the right team, we can build a business that succeeds in redefining personal insurance for the 21st century.
On-demand protection for your favourite things. An insurance product built around the customer, not the insurer. Switch cover on and off with a swipe. Submit claims via the app - no paper forms and call centres. Hooray!
JaSure comprises a team of dynamic, talented and experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds. With policies underwritten by the market leader, JaSure is Santam's exclusive partner for digital, on-demand insurance.
Why work for us?
- Disrupt an industry: think about everything that's broken with your current insurer! What do you want to fix?
- Empowerment: you will make strategic architectural and technical decisions.
- Flexibility: modern insurer means modern employer - flexible work-hours and work-from-home option.
- No Legacy Tech: modern insurer means modern tech stack.
- Growth: develop new skills through peer learning in a team of world-class technologists.
We look for people who are passionate, take responsibility, have fun and treat each other with respect.
We try to live by the following values:
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Reasoned argument
- Foster the team’s growth and have fun
- Open by default
- Innovate everywhere
- Think long-term to be sustainable
- Act ethically and build customer respect
Our Hiring Process
- Google Meet video call or in-person meeting to understand each other
- Technical interview
- Implement a small feature as a paid project (say hi on our Slack!)
- Meet the team
- Get Hired
Our team is primarily remote, but we also have offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
The Johannesburg office is in Sandton at the AlphaCode fintech incubator (2 Merchant Place). Read more: https://www.alphacode.club/
The Cape Town office is in Durham Road in Woodstock - with coffee shops, restaurants and Devil's Peak Brewery nearby.