Blunova is a subsidiary of BlueLabel telecoms responsible for drawing value from its large heterogeneous corpus of data originating from multiple companies within the Blue Label group.
With this data we identify opportunities in the market and develop sustainable solutions to exploit these opportunities.
We leverage scalable cloud technologies to deploy our solutions, with a strong emphasis on automation. Most of our data analysis is performed in a distributed spark environment, where we have leg room to spin up large clusters exceeding thousands of cores and terabytes of ram when needed.
We are looking for candidates that will thrive in an environment where the core work ethic is as follows:
- Put time aside for aggressive automation of repetitive tasks.
- Write effective unit tests.
- Document interfaces.
- Prefer readability over performance.
- Prefer APIs over GUIs.
- Maintain all infrastructure as code.
- Continuously improve core libraries.
- Take time to do the research.
- Don't reinvent the wheel.
- Test ideas through rapid prototyping.
- Talk to and collaborate with people outside your team.
- Let the evidence guide you, and if needed, change your mind.
- Share ideas.
- Ask why.