In this week’s roundup from OfferZen, we look at what AI’s rapid developments means for your scaling your team, how OfferZen is using AI to make creating company profiles easier than ever, and what software developers earn in South Africa.
AI’s rapid advances continue
Developers’ most promising industry for 2023
In our previous Week in Review, we looked at developers’ excitement about AI and its status as the most promising industry in South Africa. And, with new advances happening weekly, it’s easy to see why they’re so excited about the future of AI.
Here’s what we found in the wild:
- OpenAI’s announced that ChatGPT can now see, hear, and speak. The company has confirmed the roll out of new voice and image capabilities in ChatGPT.
- Is it time to rethink your technical assessments? Matthias Schmeißer (Global Director of Talent Acquisition at emnify) thinks so: “In the past, we focused most of our assessment on technical skills and less on social or transferable skills. We need to get a better balance and consider the environment that people will function in: Will they add value to the current team setup and their way of working?”
It’s crucial for CEOs and CTOs to understand and address the impact AI will have on recruiting top-tier tech talent - plus how to stay ahead in this competitive landscape.
Join us for an online meetup and be a part of the discussion. We’ll discuss:
- AI tools that enable you to hire devs, from scanning resumes to testing skills.
- Real stories of how AI is making a difference in developer recruitment from the good to the not-so-good.
- What’s on the horizon for AI in developer hiring.
Tweet of the week
One area in which AI can improve your hiring process is reducing the effort spent on repetitive or time-consuming tasks. That includes building an employer profile.
Your OfferZen company profile on OfferZen serves as a virtual window into your organisation and gives potential candidates insight into your:
- Tech stacks
- Press coverage, and
But, building a profile that accurately represents who your company is can be a real challenge. That means less time to invest in building other aspects of your employer brand, like a great developer experience.
In this article, we unpack how OfferZen integrated AI technology into our product to help you build a great profile faster.
Average Software Developer Salaries by Experience
Average Salary by Years Experience, showing 25th and 75th percentiles
Want to know what software developers earn in South Africa? We gathered data from 4500 developers to better understand what developers can expect to earn over the course of their careers.
It’s that time of the year again: The State of the Developer Nation survey is officially live!
We’re asking the community to contribute to South Africa’s biggest data-driven report on dev careers, salaries, skills and more. This year’s survey dives even more into the experience of remote and international opportunities, side projects and AI.
As a small thank you:
- Every valid response stands the chance to win one of 500 OfferZen t-shirts, AND, as per usual, there’ll be goodies for spreading the word.
- Every social media share of the survey on social media with the hashtag #DevNationSurvey and tagging @OfferZen enters you into a draw to win a massive swag hamper! The more creative, the better.