Why the significant increases during the early stages of their careers? Junior developers typically change jobs more frequently. This gives them a chance to negotiate a higher market-related salary than the inflationary increases developers can expect if they stay with one company. Companies hiring developers at these career stages are more inclined to offer what might seem a significant increase because the salary range is still not that high compared to those for more experienced developers.
Average Salary by Years Experience, showing 25th and 75th percentiles
|Years of Experience
Why does salary growth slow down for senior developers? In addition to senior developers generally changing jobs less often than juniors, companies are less inclined to offer big increases on larger salaries.
Keep in mind
Average salaries are single data points and only one part of a bigger story. Many respondents may earn significantly more or significantly less than these averages. However, we hope to show underlying trends by mapping the average salaries for different experience levels.
These averages should not be used to estimate what your actual salary will or should be. Salaries depend on the company size, industry, individual, perks and nature of the work. These factors all influence the salary a company will offer to a prospective hire. In addition, most developers are “fluent” in several languages and work across multiple roles, which will also affect the final figures.
- 2023 Netherlands Report: State of the Software Developer Nation
- Underpaid? Here’s How to Make the Most Of Your Next Salary Conversation
- What It Takes To Be a Senior Developer in the Netherlands
- Developer Salary Hub
- How to Benchmark Your Salary Expectations as a Developer in 2023
- How to Negotiate when Hiring Developers
- Python Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- TypeScript Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- React Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Software Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Angular Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Java Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Node.js Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Vue.js Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands