Average junior Java developer salary
What accounts for the hefty increase in salary at this stage of their careers? Developers tend to move jobs more frequently at this stage of their careers. This allows them to negotiate larger pay raises than the annual increases they’d earn working at the same company long-term.
Average Java Developer Salaries by Experience
Average Salary by Years Experience, showing 25th and 75th percentiles
|Years of Experience
Average Senior Java Developer Salary Trends
Salary growth for Java developers initially slows down once they become seniors. However, that’s not to say that there’s no growth at all:
Salary growth begins to pick up once Java developers pass the ten-year mark:
Java developers with more than ten years of experience can expect a significant 21.9% jump giving them an average salary of €74 056.
Keep in mind
The data in this article is taken from open data from StackOverflow’s 2022 Developer Survey. In this article, ‘salary’ refers to the gross annual salary (before tax) provided by 291 survey respondents from the Netherlands who identified as Java developers.
We only included salary insights for experience levels with enough data points to ensure that the amounts represent Java developers in the country. That’s why we excluded salaries for entry-level developers in this article.
We also ran an outlier analysis to identify data points skewing the distribution of salaries. We removed these points from the final dataset to ensure that the amounts represent Java developers in the Netherlands.
Average salaries are single data points and only one part of a bigger story. Many respondents may earn significantly more or significantly less than these averages. However, we aim to track underlying trends by mapping the average salaries for different experience levels.
These averages should not be used to estimate what your actual salary will or should be.
Salaries depend on the company size, industry, individual, perks and nature of work. These factors all influence the salary a company will offer to a prospective hire. In addition, most developers are “fluent” in several languages and work across multiple roles, which will affect the final figures.
- 2022 Netherlands report: State of the Software Developer Nation
- How to Negotiate a Job Offer That’s More Than Just the Money
- How to Negotiate when Hiring Developers
- Python Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- TypeScript Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- React Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- SQL Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Software Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Front End Developer Salary Trends in the Netherlands
- Important Factors to Consider when Relocating to the Netherlands as a Developer
- What It Takes To Be a Senior Developer in the Netherlands
- 2022 Guide to Coding Bootcamps in the Netherlands