We're an exciting, fast-growing, online accommodation booking company, trading as two well-known brands, LekkeSlaap.co.za and TravelGround.com. We're a team of about 100 fun-loving, hard-working individuals with a passion for what we do.
We have a front-end system that supports millions of page views per month. Our hotel management and customer service back-end is used by over 20,000 accommodation properties across South Africa to manage their bookings and profiles.
We're looking for more excellent-quality engineers and developers to help us on our mission to become the easiest way to find and book accommodation online. With all our software developed in-house, we pride ourselves on delivering a world-class eCommerce experience to our customers.
Our front-end websites total over 750,000 unique visitors per month, and our hotel management and customer service back-ends are used by properties across South Africa to manage their bookings and online profiles.
You'll work in a close-knit dev team, and you'll also be an active and valued member of our wider company of 100+ people. We are hard-working, curious and ambitious, but we don't add unnecessary structure to our environment. Developers are usually given high-level instructions, with the detailed decision-making left up to the individual (with support from the team as required).
- PHP, MariaDB & Nginx on a multi-server FreeBSD stack
- Continuous integration build process with Ansible for DevOps
- Virtualization used both in development and for our server setups
- We make use of the latest front-end frameworks like Vue.js for newer projects
- We also use Redis, Python, Node.js and C++
Pros of being a developer at TravelGround
- Dynamic, hard-working company culture.
- Work alongside the some of the brightest and the best Computer Science
and Engineering graduates.
- Learn everything there is to know about cutting-edge e-Commerce, web-
dev and mobile-dev.
- Full access to company earnings, conversion rates and sales, allowing you
to see the immediate affect of your own work on the company's success.
- Our developers are encouraged to participate actively in business strategy
- Full sponsorship of any local coding conferences/meetups/seminars you
may wish to attend.
- Interact with 90 other non-developers, such as writers, designers,
- Great perks, such as free gym membership (Virgin Active is 70m away!)
and monthly half-days.
- The dev team has a chill room with a table-tennis table and a private balcony with a Weber for impromptu lunch-braais. We also have an amazing Jura coffee machine supplied with fresh beans.
Your Skills and Experience
While prior knowledge of our technologies would be a bonus, we are happy to train smart Computer Science (or related field) graduates who are proficient in at least one programming language.
Advantageous skills would be:
- PHP & MySQL
- Strong HTML, CSS & JS/JQuery skills
- Experience with Version Control
- You know your way around the terminal
- Sysadmin or design skills
There are 3 aspects to our interviews:
- Meet the founders.
- Demonstrate your technical abilities.
- Meet the dev team.