What We Do
We're an innovative travel technology company, trading as well-known brands, LekkeSlaap.co.za, LekkeVlieg.co.za, and TravelGround.com. We're a team of 60+ fun-loving, hard-working individuals with a passion for what we do.
We have a front-end system that supports millions of page views per month. Our hotel management and customer service back-end is used by over 25,000 accommodation properties across South Africa and Namibia to manage their bookings and profiles.
You'll be part of our close-knit Engineering team, working on new products and exciting roadmap projects. You'll be contributing to all aspects of the development cycle from discovery to deployment and there is also an opportunity to be involved in other types of projects like data analytics and machine learning, or innovate solutions that require new technologies, we're supportive and open to your ideas and interests!
You'll also be an active and valued member of our wider company of 60+ people. We are hard-working, curious and ambitious, and are set out to re-imagine the future of travel. We take great pride in providing the best experience to our customers.
We're based in sunny Cape Town in a modern, collaborative office space.
- PHP, MariaDB & Nginx on a multi-server FreeBSD stack
- We make use of the latest front-end frameworks like Vue.js for newer projects
- Continuous integration build process with Ansible for DevOps
- Virtualization used both in development and for our server setups
- We also use Redis, Python, Node.js and C++
- Potential to be involved in Machine Learning projects
Why Work With Us
- Dynamic, hard-working company culture. We take great pride in giving our customers the best service!
- Work alongside some of the brightest and the best Computer Science and Engineering graduates.
- Learn everything there is to know about cutting-edge e-Commerce, web-dev and mobile-dev.
- You will be encouraged to participate actively in business strategy and tactics.
- Full sponsorship of any local coding conferences/meetups/seminars you may wish to attend.
- Interact with 50+ non-developers, such as writers, designers, marketers, etc
- Great perks, such as free Virgin Active Premier gym membership (Virgin Active is 70m away!) and monthly half-days.
- We have a chill room with a table-tennis table and a private balcony with a Weber for impromptu lunch-braais.
- We also have an amazing Jura coffee machine supplied with fresh beans.
- Discount on your travel accommodations booked through us.
Our Hiring Process
- We adopt an informal process and varies candidate to candidate.
- Usually, the process involves a couple of informal video calls, a simple web development task and finally an office visit to meet the dev team and company directors.
- Full-Stack Engineer
- Systems Engineer